Frequently Asked Questions
- Isn't the school district required to transport my child?
- My child is starting kindergarten. Will the bus pick my child up in front of my house?
- Is there a law about how far my child has to walk to the bus stop?
- Is there a specified distance that must exist between school bus stops?
- What other factors are involved in establishing where the school bus stops?
- What about the safety of my child getting to and from the bus stop? There are no sidewalks where we live and it's not very safe walking on the busy road we live on.
- Is there a law stating that an adult riding on a school bus for monitoring purposes be seated at a specific location on the bus?
- My child spends over two hours a day just riding the bus to and from school. Is there a maximum riding time in the law?